Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And the road trip continues...

Tonight the Red Wings face off against the Canucks. Here's to hoping that Samuelsson remembers how to not hit the net and the Wings can come out of this road trip with at least a tiny spark of happiness.

Here are the projected lines courtesy of George Malik over at MLive.

"Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Cleary-Filppula-Bertuzzi (Eaves working in)
Leino-Draper-Williams
May-Helm-Maltby (Abdelkader working in)

The defense remained the same:
Lidstrom-Kronwall
Stuart-Rafalski
Ericsson-Lebda (Meech working in)

Osgood (starting)
Howard"

The top line is still intact, so I'm happy (and maybe tonight they'll actually score a goal that isn't a Nick Lidstrom slapshot that was deflected into the net off Homer's ass...although I'll take that).

And just for fun, here's a little flashback to one of the funnier moments in Wings-Canucks history. There is no better scrum than one that is sparked by a potato based insult.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Am I the only one that thinks Holmstrom should not be on the top line with Datsyuk and Z? He is nowhere near the skill of those 2 guys and he just bogs down the ability of those 2 with his lack of ability. Don't get me wrong, I love Homer and what he does, but I just think it's better suited on a line with Draper and Maltby, or even Helm. Playing with guys who bang down in the corners getting ugly goals. Sometimes I wonder if Babcock actually thinks out lines, or instead goes along with what fans/Detroit media say. He's not a positive playing alongside Dats and Z. Anyone agree?

T/L said...

I understand where you're coming from completely. Mostly I'm just holding on to every shred of the 2008 season that I can, and that line was by far the best that year. Deep down I just hope that somehow the spark will come back and they'll be the "top line" again. But if the team keeps playing like this, I doubt if any of the lines will stay the same.

Unknown said...

Although I really like the line of Filppula/Leino/Williams, I'd like to see how Leino would fit in with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. It'd be an interesting line, that's for sure. Here's the line setup I'd have if it were my job:
Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Bertuzzi
Filppula/Leino/Williams
Draper/Maltby/Holmstrom
Helm/May/Cleary

That leaves Eaves and Abdelkader as odd men out. Then when Franzen returns everything gets thrown out and a restart from scratch on the lines.