Friday, April 23, 2010

Vote for Jimmy

It looks like the writer's association took notice of Tiberius without Lindsay and I launching that guerrilla ad campaign we had planned. Oh well. There's always the All-Star game.

(No, you're not hallucinating. This is an autographed Jimmy John's bumper sticker with a picture of pedo-stached James on it, and I'm sure it's not the weirdest thing he's ever been asked to sign.)

Speaking of the NHL Awards, I spent the morning wondering whether someone decided that the Norris Trophy will now be awarded to the leagues most offensive defenseman (sort of like an anti-Selke). I'd be ok with that, I just wish someone would go ahead and make a public announcement. Then again, my sister just called to tell me that Mike Green's a plus 39 this season, so what the hell do I know?

* * *

I don't know how many of you actually watch the other playoff series. I usually do. (I'm not recommending it to you if you don't already do it - that triple overtime Penguins game last night was five hours of my life that I'm never getting back). I'm just wondering if anyone else feels like Bettman told the refs that EVERY MOTHER-F*&#$@G GOAL HAS TO BE CLEARED BY HIM PERSONALLY VIA VIDEO REVIEW. Do the guys in the War Room in Toronto get paid per ruling? Is this like some kind of magical Christmas for them with money flying everywhere?

Don't get me wrong - I don't want the playoffs decided by a questionable goal. But I also don't want to spend as much time twiddling my fingers in front of the tv waiting on a ruling as I do watching actual hockey. Just sayin'.

Today, the series goes back to Phoenix. The Joe was rocking Tuesday night, and we send it to you, Hockeytown West, to make their white out bleed red.

0 comments: