Monday, June 8, 2009

game 6 jitters

I'm not sure if I'm excited or pukey right now. It's sort of how I felt last year. Understandibly.

I hope you haven't jinxed things by making personal celebratory plans, because this thing isn't over yet. Out of five Stanley Cup finals games played at Mellon Arena during the last two years, the Red Wings have only won 2. None of them have been in this series. I don't want this thing to go to seven games, but I'm not going to make the assumption that it won't.

Still... it could be over tomorrow. And if it is, I want to see how many Pens fans stay to boo Hossa.

I don't know where you'll be watching the game, but I can tell you where you won't be. You won't be at Joevision being treated to awesomeness like last year. Two quotes from the Free Press article sort of stuck out as douchey to me. "...the NHL asked NBC and CBC not to allow the Wings to broadcast the game," and "...one of the league's contractual agreements with NBC is that clubs will not hold viewing parties in their arenas".

So, if you weren't sure before, there's your proof that NBC is Satan and Gary Bettman is the antichrist.

Lindsay and I are going to go tye-dye at midnight to keep from worrying about where we may or may not be in 24 hours.

0 comments: