Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's not over yet

Today, I was in a car with a close friend of mine, a photographer. He asked me if he could borrow some Wings gear for a photoshoot because he had a model from Ohio who wanted to royally piss off some friends in Pittsburgh. I was all for pissing off people in Pittsburgh.

"But I hope the series isn't over until after this weekend, because that's the only time I have to shoot," he said.

So that game you just puked over? Was what he wanted. And all the anger, pain, and frustration built up within me? Will probably be taken out on him. Maybe that's kind of bitchy of me. But I think our friendship will survive.

You know, for a minute there, you probably could have convinced me that the only reason Crosby stayed down after that slash by Maltby in the third period was to get Wings fans' hopes up that he would be out of the next game.

But I don't think he was thinking that far ahead. I think that was just your average, run of the mill dive.

That game did, in fact, push me over the edge into a curled-into-a-ball wimpering panic, but if you don't want to follow me into the fetal position and actually feel like trying to remain positive, you're well in your rights.

The Wings aren't out of this one yet.

I'll still be spending most of game five trying not to puke.

0 comments: