Monday, September 28, 2009

That was spectacular

Ok, so it was preseason, and it didn't really "count" for anything. I don't care. The Wings beat the Pens.

Oh, but Crosby and Malkin weren't there! Yeah? Well neither were Nick Lidstrom, Henrik Zetterberg, Dan Cleary, Valtteri Filppula, or Chris Osgood - we still got it done. And it wasn't close, either.

Man, am I glad I caught the replay.

I just got back from what was apparently some sort of bubble entirely outside the influence of hockey. It was sort of bizarre. Radio stations not coming in, and televisions that only went up to the first twenty channels, and walking into restaurants just as the last fleeting seconds of Red Wings live postgame reports faded into blackness... and I was cruising the internet on this, which isn't so much a complaint as it is me passing the hilarity of my sad life down to you. This is what happens when you use all your college graduation money to buy a Jimmy Howard game-used glove instead of a laptop. I call it "Henrik Zetterberg Dancing With A Giant Ink Monster".

Speaking of Swedes, the Free Press put up the single most mesmerizing thing that I have ever seen in my life yesterday. I can't stop watching it. I fear greatly that it hungers for my soul.

The Wings are playing Farjestad on Wednesday. I admittedly don't know an awful lot about teams in the Swedish elite league (although, according to my dad, I know more than most girls my age should), but from what I've been able to gather, it's the Elitserien equivalent of the Wings lately or the Canadiens. I wish it was being broadcast somewhere I could catch it because it sounds like the kind of carnival of Swedishness that would make for an interesting game.

0 comments: