Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lucky number seven?

The word pukey just came out of retirement. I don't know what the hell that was, because I'm asleep right now, but I know that it wasn't anything good.

I've heard a lot people talk about how much they love game 7s in the playoffs, because I guess they're intense or something, but I don't know - the prospect of watching creepy old-man Neidermayer try to take on Datsyuk is maybe kind of funny, as an abstract thought, but it's not exactly my idea of an awesome Thursday night, especially not during what might be the last Wings game of the year.

Maybe that makes me a bad hockey fan, but I don't care. I'm a Wings fan before I'm a hockey fan; one of those terrible people who doesn't care how boring the games are so long as the team wins. But anyway, we're not out of it just yet. Both of these teams can remember the taste of going all the way, and I guess we're about to see who wants to taste it again the most.

Apparently Justin Abdelkader's new nickname is "Abby". Am I a terrible person for giggling at that? We had a kitten named Abby once. She was fluffy and adorable and we said things to her like "Abby can has nummy chicken? Om nom nom nom".

But who am I to judge what they call the kid - since mom couldn't actually say Abdelkader, we just called him Waffles.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

I was driving to lunch today and I saw a duck with abnormally large legs who reminded me of Pronger. Missed him with my car by inch's...

T/L said...

You know, normally I wouldn't advocate thinking about running down innocent animals with your car, but in this case I might make an exception.