Friday, May 1, 2009

That game was pukey

It was one of those games where the refs influenced the score, and while I'm happy with the overall outcome, a few of those penalties made me want to vomit bricks on Kelly Sutherland.

And instead of being outraged at the bogusest goaltender interference penalty called in the history of man (although paradoxically maybe not the most bogus goaltender interference penalty called against Tomas Holmstrom), CBC spent the whole game going back to how Jiri Hudler should have kept his head up on that questionable hit.

Because everyone knows Europeans only get hurt because they don't know how to play hockey. Ugh, whatever.

I spent the last 54 seconds of that game refusing to look at the television. Game 5 is still a bleeding, throbbing wound in my heart, and I have a minor post-traumatic meltdown every time the opposing team pulls their goalie to this day.

I did catch most of CBC's post-game interviews. It looks like Ryan Getzlaf manscapes. Those eyebrows are spectacular. Very shapely.

0 comments: