Friday, April 3, 2009

And the big news of the day, I guess -

Chris Osgood is the playoff starter. Definitely.

Probably.

Well, Babcock's "pretty sure," anyway.

...

I'm a little worried about the playoffs.

Ok, I'm a lot worried about the playoffs. And it's not because of Chris Osgood and The Craptastic Season of Why Did You Let That Puck In.

It's not because I don't think the Red Wings can do it, either. They most certainly can. They have the talent. They have the experience. Even with the hangover, they probably still have most of the drive. But will they? That's the question.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but this season it felt like the Wings rarely lived up to full potential. They played some good hockey, and had some awesome games, and with where they are in the standings, I have no right to complain in front of the fans of most other teams - but the whole time it seemed like something was failing to click.

They remind me of those kids in high school who coasted through doing the bare minimum and graduated with a B- average - a good grade, good enough to get into the colleges they wanted to, but they could have been valedictorian if they'd only taken notes and done their math homework.

To put it another way, this season, the Wings were like the following picture:


Yes, there are some awesome things in that picture, but taken as a whole... it doesn't make any goddamned sense.

I really hope that sometime during the next week, the Red Wings start to make sense. Because even though I made it, that picture is starting to creep me the hell out.

0 comments: