Friday, April 24, 2009

Bring out your brooms

What a game. What a sweep. I'm not going to lie, I was formulating what I would write if the Wings lost this game all through the third period; how I could post something that wasn't "jakhskjdhf Rick Nash asdjjsd Dorsett asfdfhsdfsidfkj I hate hockey akjdsfls Ozzie why?". Thankfully, my thought process came to a halting stop when I looked up at the big-screen television for the last time this year (the only good thing about college, and the only bad thing about leaving) and saw half the Blue Jackets screaming at the refs because I guess they thought it would be cool for six of them to be on the ice at the same time. It wasn't, and Johan Franzen made sure they knew it.

The game toyed with my emotions, and it wasn't cool. I went into this series hating the BJs as a team, but still with neutral to lukewarm feelings for some of the players as individuals. After that game, it was over. Steve Mason was pretty much the only one that didn't give me the urge to hurl a brick at the tv when I saw their face (and maybe make it a real brick, because the tv's in my sister's building and I wouldn't have to pay for any damage inflicted). In the beginning I was happy, then I was angry, then hopeful, anxious, nervous, terrified, distraught, hopeful again, and then, I honestly don't have an adjective for when Franzen scored. I never went so far as to entertain the notion that the Wings could lose 4 straight, but the very thought that the Wings would even give the Jackets a chance to make a comeback in this series was enough to make me want to curl into the fetal position and stay there forever. For the most part, I hate fan bases more than the teams they cheer for, and Columbus is no exception, especially given my Michigan-bred dislike of Ohio to begin with. I don't think I would have been able to handle those smug fools in the future if the Wings wouldn't have taken the first round.

Ozzie didn't look quite as solid in this game as he did in the last three (and Ken Daniels seems to think it's because he's having an issue with his left leg and/or groin (right, like we're going to get a straight answer about that before the playoffs are over)), but the team as a whole looked pretty sloppy at times. It was a sloppy win, but a win is still a win, and the Wings are guaranteed at least four more games before their summer starts. Hopefully more.

***

A parade of skankiness. I personally disagree with their choice of #2, because I will never use his name and "love" in the same sentence, even if it is followed by "to hate".




That man angers the crap out of me, and I wasn't even old enough to be awake for/remember most of the games where all that stuff went down. At least I can come up with a couple redeeming points for Avery off the top of my head, ass though he may be.


(p.s. Starting Saturday, we will be blogging from a computer with dial-up. For the whole summer. Remember this? That's what we get every time we get online, only no Bill Nye the Science Guy. The flash-heavy NHL.com? Takes almost a half an hour to load, if it loads at all. We'll try to not let this have an effect on the posts, but if they come slower or with less pictures/videos, we apologize in advance. Sometimes the computer just says "no", and there's nothing we can do about it. Wish us luck.)

1 comments:

Brooke said...

myMichigan.net