Monday, April 6, 2009

Hossa Hits 40, and other good news

Games like that make me feel better about the Red Wings in general, especially heading into the playoffs. And I don't just mean because they won. The Red Wings won plenty of games this season where afterward I felt like screaming into a pillow as though they'd lost. I can name some, if you like. The 10-25 game against the Blackhawks. That one in January against the Ducks. February 2nd shootout against the Blues. I'm sure there's more, but you don't want me to list them all.

It's probably no coincidence that all three of those were one-goal games. At the same time, there were plenty of one-goal games this season, even a couple of losses, that I didn't walk away from wanting to puke. You remember. Those games when the Red Wings actually showed up to play close to 60 minutes of hockey. Those games were wonderful.

Tonight really reminded me of those games.

This was an ass-boring post, but I'd like to still have something to say tomorrow. This has become a real M-W-F kind of blog, and that's never what we intended. Of course, that wouldn't be a problem if someone (*coughcoughMySistercough*) would contribute once in a while, but I won't point fingers.

Oh, and for those of you who care, the Wings signed Francis Pare today. Just look at that face.


That one's a keeper.

0 comments: