Monday, April 6, 2009

Some much more intelligent thoughts on last night's game

That game was much closer to something I would expect to see going into a Wings game, especially as compared to a few of the games preceding it: a few bogus calls (or no calls in the case of that high stick on Mule), decent defensive coverage, five minute fighting majors for giant Swedes, an away arena filled with Wings fans, a Nick Lidstrom goal from ten thousand feet away, Chris Osgood not failing, and most importantly, a win. It was by no means perfect, but, like I said, it was a vast improvement from the the last few games.

And come on. I can't be the only one who was excited to see Ericsson finally drop the gloves.



So maybe it wasn't as good as Hossa's fight against Suter (because since when does Marian Hossa fight?) but it still makes me smile. There's a part of me that wants Ericsson back in Grand Rapids so I can see him play live again for $10 and a crowded bus ride, but every game he plays in the NHL the better he gets. And he's been looking pretty good. I guess Babcock's obvious man-crush on him was fully warranted.

***

Useless fact of the day: Pierre McGuire's real name is Regis. His middle name is Pierre. Regis Pierre McGuire.

Monster.

0 comments: