Monday, March 23, 2009

Game tonight vs Calgary...

From what I've heard, nothing should be changing in the lineup. Homer and Lilja are both still out with injuries and Ozzie could get the start again.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to this game. Mainly because I still hate Calgary.

In other news, Hossa's brain is functioning properly. I don't know how long it took him to figure it out, but he decided he would rather take a pay cut to stay in Detroit then continue to hop around the NHL making trillions of dollars. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? I honestly want to know what makes this franchise so much more desirable than others. I already have some idea of why, but Detroit has been my team since before I could read, (which was convenient because I never had to figure out how "Yzerman" was pronounced Yzerman; I knew the word before I knew the letters) so I might be slightly biased. Is it the crazy Ilitch family? The management? The continuous winning? All of the above and then some?

Whatever the reasons, high caliber players keep managing to find themselves in Detroit and then decide they never want to never leave. Too bad the rest of the city is booking it out of Motown faster than you can say Hank's full name.

0 comments: