Thursday, March 26, 2009

On the topic of goalies...

It's been reported that Ozzie will be back between the pipes Friday against his former team, the Islanders.

It still looks weird. And the colors really don't match.


Over in Europe, speculations are being made about a potential comeback in the KHL by Dominik Hasek... He had this to say, as reported in the Edmonton Journal: "I'm healthy now, no aches, no pains, and if I decide to return, I'd just get back to my training regimen." By training regimen I assume he means starving himself like he did while he was still in the NHL.


Seriously Dom, eat a cheeseburger.

Last but definately not least, people are still dwelling on the idea of Roberto Luongo coming to Detroit. This is an even stranger idea to me than Dom making a comeback (which I guess isn't all that strange. This would be possible-return-from-retirement number what now?). It's not impossible, but it is definitely not going to happen until some players retire, regardless of whether or not Luongo's willing to take a pay cut to win the Cup. Personally, I don't want to think about Bobby Lu becoming a Wing any time soon because essentially it involves either half the team leaving for parts unknown, or Nick Lidstrom retiring to clear up cap space, and I am in complete and total denial of that event. It will never happen, and Nick will be here forever (I can dream, right?).

Ugh. Why do all my favorite hockey players have to keep getting old?



Too bad they used the version of the Roy-Ozzie fight with the delusional announcer who thinks Roy won.

0 comments: