Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I guess this is a regular feature now?

Maybe it's a little lame, but you know what? Already for this blog I've drawn Chris Pronger's floppy skates in MS Paint, dedicated half an entry to how much Luke Schenn looks like a young Christian Bale, and contemplated Henrik Zetterberg's horoscope. Lame is what we do here.

So welcome to Wtf Wednesdays. I guess because last week's ice dancing segment was such a hit.

Sadly, I don't have anything that even comes close to touching the awesomeness that was Marian Hossa in that shiny silver shirt. I don't think anything really can. So I'll take a complete shot in the dark here; nothing to lose -

I can't possibly be the only hockey fan who wasn't aware that in juniors, one of Sidney Crosby's nicknames was Baby Legs, can I?

Baby Legs? Yes. Baby Legs. I went "wtf". And I sort of wish I'd known this last May.

Maybe the name is warranted. Here's a video of the then-future first round of the 2008 draft about to watch the Finals at the Joe. Tell me that at 2:50 they're not discussing Sidney Crosby's calves being small compared to someone else's. Because I'm pretty sure they are.



I mean, I know that some athletes probably want to be aware of how other, highly successful athletes are working out and taking care of their bodies, but I'm not sure my first reaction to "I just met Sidney Crosby" would be "Let's check out his fine legs as he's walking away."

But hey, if that's what Stamkos & Friends want to do, well then, who am I to argue?

0 comments: